To create high quality environments, where each child and family is accompanied on their journey of development, supported by the pastoral ministry of our Church as embodied in our Sandhurst communities.
The authentically Catholic nature of Diocesan early childhood education and care, where young children will experience being part of God’s family, combined with the awe – inspiring mystery and wonder of creation, will nurture and influence significantly a holistic approach for the development of each child.
Early Childhood Education and Care:
- With a focus on awe, wonder, connectedness and meaning will contribute positively to each child’s awareness and development of relationships with self, family, God, school, parish, local community and the wider world.
- Is central to each child’s ongoing learning and development, particularly as families are welcomed, acknowledged and respected as the primary educators and carers of their children.
- Will bring out the very best in each child through the development and provision of quality programs, designed by qualified and skilled educators, with play and inquiry central to an integrated approach to learning and teaching.
- Encourages all children to reach their fullest potential by providing safe, positive and trusting environments which support the development of spiritual, resilient, creative, courageous and confident children.
- Ideally provides a holistic wrap around approach to families, which ensures enhanced learning, development and wellbeing opportunities for every child and family and facilities prevention and early intervention to address family issues which impact on the child.
- Is strengthened by working in close collaboration and partnership with neighbouring Catholic schools, parish communities and Diocesan agencies to ensure a continuity of growth and development for each child and their family.